5.02.2013

The Summer Is Mine, She Ain't Yours No More...

I'm a summer baby, First of July, Middle of the Year, the Height of Summer, therefore Summer belongs to me.  Pool parties every year as a kid, epic celebrations since then, Summer is mine!  Don't make me get an instrumental or something.  LOL, let me stop before I really start writing something.

Either way, rappers seem to love personifying Summer, J.Cole recently did it on his new EP, Truly Yours 2.  But it's not his first time doing so.  Check out my homeboy's blog for the whole EP (Day2Day: J.Cole - Truly Yours 2 EP). So in honor of J.Cole's new song personifying Summer, "Cole Summer", I decided to do a Throwback post with two of my favorite tracks personifying Summer.  Jay-Z's "Dear Summer" and Jim Jones "Summer wit Miami".  Jim's title doesn't really personify Summer but his lyrics and shots at Jay-Z do.  We all know Jay owns the summer though, he's been consistently putting out summer hits since his debut.  I think a few other rappers (Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy) did remixes to "Dear Summer" as well.


"Cole Summer"
 
"Dear Summer"
 
"Summer Wit Miami"

2 comments:

  1. Yo, how you not gonna post Summertime by the Fresh Prince doe? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about it, but Will didn't really personify Summer in "Summertime". Although the song "Summertime" is really the ultimate Summer song. lol.

      Delete