8.31.2012

Fantasy Football Drafts 2 & 3, Money Leagues

This past Tuesday night I had two drafts for money leagues, one league that's been around for 8 years and I've been for 7, and a second league that was newly created this year.  The veteran league draft was held live at Buffalo Wild Wings at 7:30pm and the rookie league started at 8pm.  I was definitely doing some serious multitasking. 

Lets start with the rookie league "A Tacocorp Production", my team name is "The Largo 99ers", I'm a 49ers fan, from Largo, MD, and graduated in 1999, so I decided to try a different name in this new league.  10 team league, PPC, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, D/ST, K, BENCH (7), and I drafted 8th.
 
Since the draft I have dropped Brandon Jacobs and Mike Tolbert to pick up Alfred Morris (RB -WAS) and Jonathan Dwyer (RB - PIT).  I'm actually pretty satisfied with this team.  I might pick up another defense after the first week or make some more moved in the RB area.  I'm comfortable with my QBs, RBs, FLEX, and Kicker.
 
In my veteran league, "The East Coast Blitzers" my team "The Killa Kingz" are in their 8th season, the last 4 years we have been in the playoffs and won the championship twice.  This is my premier league and usually my main focus, due to the money and the constant trash talk going on. 14 team league, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, DST, K, BENCH (6), and I drafted 9th.
 
I think this team is strong at QB, although I do feel the need to get a back up.  Backup QBs and all RBs are the toughest to come by in this league.  We have owners that draft 3 RBs back to back to back, then get 3 or 4 more for their bench.  I'm not happy with my RB position, Johnson should have a major comeback year, but the other guys are just possibles and maybes.  My starting and bench WRs are solid in my opinion, my TE has potential in his new offense, my defense has one of the easiest schedules in the league and are projected to go 15-1, and my Kicker has always been solid.  I don't think he will be the redzone bail out plan as much as he was last year but he will still put up solid points.  In order I drafted Chris Johnson, Peyton Manning, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Ryan Williams (REAACH), Donald Brown, Rashad Jennings, Pierre Garcon, Malcom Floyd, Patriots, Dallas Clark, David Akers, Brandon Jacobs, Sidney Rice.  By the time the 4th round was over pretty much all the starting RBs were gone, backups, and RBs in deep committees were left, oh and McGahee, but I already had 2 Broncos, that would have been a bye week nightmare.  I usually win this league or get far based on hitting the waiver wire hard and making strong trades, I'll do the same this year and contend for the championship again.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment