3.04.2012

Ben by Michael Jackson [Throwback] [Dedication]

I dedicate this MJ throwback to the little field mouse that snuck into my garage and got trapped in one of the sticky bug traps today.  When I saw the bug trap in the middle of the garage floor, I knew something was wrong, then I saw a little mouse head wiggling from one side of it, I immediately kicked the trap (and the mouse) out of my garage David Akers style.  The both of them glided in the sky over the driveway into the grass.  Startled by my sudden movements and mumbled harsh words my wife looked to me asked what it was.  She was relieved that I took care of it and protected her and our daughter.  Later we looked out the front door to see if the mouse had freed itself and scurried away, to our surprise he was still trapped.  My wife said, "oh no, don't kill him, don't let him die, save him please, he's kind of cute, he's not a scary mouse like the white ones with red eyes that they do experiments on".  So I did what needed to be done, I grabbed the trap and the mouse and took them further away from the house, then pried his legs and tail off of the trap with a stick to set him free.  Not sure if it was the sticky trap or my field goal kick earlier but his legs were pretty messed up and he wasn't moving too much.  He hobbled slowly attempting to get away.  I left him there as he moved about an inch a minute much more like a slug than a mouse.  Hours later we returned home and looked where the mouse was and scanned the field quickly, he was gone.  Hopefully he made it (to someone else's garage) and didn't get eaten by a cat or even worse stumbled back into my garage.  So field mouse this song is dedicated to you and if the cat got you, well I hope you are hanging with Michael.

4 comments:

  1. "...he's not a scary mouse like the white ones with red eyes that they do experiments on" <- That was pretty funny.

    You know what's gonna happen right? He's gonna be make the slow trek back to your garage in about 3 months, lol.

    I usually have a mouse in the house like once per year and it takes me literally like a month to outsmart them and get them to take the bait and go for what's in the mousetrap. Normally I'm fine with letting them dead themselves because of their penchant for peanut butter or cheese. But I recently purchased one of those moustraps that just kinda locks them into the apparatus and they still live (until I throw them and the trap into the garbage and they end up in the trash truck and ultimately in trash heaven (read: New Jersey).

    The song had me dying after reading your story though, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she cracked me up with that line too Mike, one of the main reasons I had to blog about this. Then the Ben song came to mind and this blog had to happen before I went to sleep that night.

      I haven't seen him back in my garage yet, but later I was thinking I should have taken him further out.

      I used to have mice in the house when I lived in Jamestown (off of Fredrick Road), we had the old fashion mouse traps and it got pretty nasty taking them out. We had to take turns on who was dumping the mouse this time. Then we just decided to get a cat, and even as a kitten it scared aware the mice, never saw a mouse again.

      LOL, at New Jersey. If the survive then they probably love it in trash heaven.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for setting him free baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome babe, he probably died anyway but at least it was by the hand of nature (by nature I mean that black cat or Winks old boyfriend that roams the neighborhood) and not by my hand.

      Delete