9.05.2013

NFL 2013 Season Predictions: Redskins, Ravens, 49ers, Playoffs, & Super Bowl

I guess its a better time than any to give my predictions for this year.  Last years predictions weren't too off, I projected the Ravens to finish 10-6 winning their division along with the Patriots, Texans, and Broncos.  My predictions for the Redskins were 8-8 and with a chance at the Wild Card slot, they stepped it up to 10-6 and won the division with their end of the year winning streak. Other than the 49ers, Falcons, and Packers my NFC Playoff picks looked off.  I predicted the 49ers would finish 10-6 and win the division.  It's a bit tough to predict a tie, so I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt.  My fandom Super Bowl prediction of Ravens vs 49ers actually happened, but my real prediction of Packers losing to the Texans in the Super Bowl fell short.

Ok so lets break down my picks for this year like the ESPN Experts did, well minus the Coach of the Year, MVP, and ROY predictions.

NFL Season Predictions

 
My Fan Picks
My Actual Predictions
 
SUPER BOWL
CHAMPION
  
AFC East PatriotsPatriots 
AFC North BengalsBengals
AFC South TexansTexans 
AFC West BroncosBroncos 
AFC wild cards Bills, ChiefsBills, Ravens 
NFC East RedskinsRedskins 
NFC North PackersPackers 
NFC South SaintsFalcons 
NFC West 49ersSeahawks 
NFC wild cards Seahawks, Falcons49ers, Saints 
AFC champion TexansBroncos 
NFC champion 49ersSaints 

Story book ending for Peyton Manning, he ascends into football heaven (retirement) with his 2nd Super Bowl ring then Ray Lewis jumps out of the stands and hugs him, which ends up looking more like a tackle because Peyton wasn't expecting it.

Ok time to do the Redskins, Ravens, and 49ers predictions.  I'll start with the local teams then finish with my favorite team.

The Redskins had a great finish to their season last year, their Rookie QB and Rookie RB combo was practically unstoppable, until the injury.  RG3's injury does worry me somewhat, but I think as long as he takes it easy and stays away from Clay Matthews and Ndamukong Suh in weeks 2 & 3, he'll be ok and return from the BYE at full speed.

  1. Eagles - LOSS - I think the Redskins will start off somewhat refrained and the Eagles will be full steam ahead.
  2. at Packers - LOSS - Home Advantage
  3. Lions - WIN - Shoot Out game.
  4. at Raiders - WIN - Not sold on the Raiders
  5. BYE
  6. at Cowboys - WIN - I hear that the Redskins own Cowboys Stadium
  7. Bears - WIN - Depends on which Bears show up, but this is winnable.
  8. at Broncos - LOSS - The Bronco's should have all of the parts of their defense at this point
  9. Chargers - WIN - I don't believe in the Chargers
  10. at Vikings - WIN - Refrain (you can't stop) AP, and this is a win in the bag
  11. at Eagles - WIN - The offense will be at full speed and keep up with the Eagles for a very enjoyable game to watch
  12. 49ers - LOSS - I'll be here in my 49ers gear, the 49ers are winning this one. (Fan Pick)
  13. Giants - WIN - Home Advantage
  14. Chiefs - WIN - Andy Reid will make this interesting, but the Redskins appear to have a better team than the Chiefs, plus they are at home.
  15. at Falcons - WIN - They almost won it last year, I think they can win it this year with a healthy RG3.
  16. Cowboys - LOSS - These last two games could flip flop, they are more so to make the NFC race for 2nd place more interesting as the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles chase the Wild Card slot.
  17. at Giants - WIN
 That puts them at 11-5, one win better than last year and a much more balanced full season.  I think they will win the division by 1 or 2 games, it won't come down to divisional wins in the NFC East this year.  The other 3 teams will be scrambling for wins towards the end of the season to get a wild card spot.

The Super Bowl Champion Ravens, I think this will be a tough transition year for them.  That got younger, which ultimately will mean they will be faster and possibly healthier, but I think it will take some time to get all components of the team to gel properly.  I know that the preseason means nothing, but at times they looked like confused misfits.  All that tells me is that position ranks weren't really determined and the 1st team hasn't had a chance to get used to playing as a unit.  It will take time, luckily the AFC North and the AFC East have a few teams that should help build confidence.

  1. at Broncos - LOSS - Offense vs Offense, I gotta pick Peyton and his deep WR core. This should be a great game, I can't see it being a blow out for either team.
  2. Browns - WIN - I expect the Browns to do something this year, just not against the Ravens
  3. Texans - LOSS - Texans Defense wins this one
  4. at Bills - LOSS - A sleeper loss.  Bills have a decent defense, a better QB, a great RB, and good WRs, I think the Bills can sneak away with this one.
  5. at Dolphins - WIN - All of Baltimore will be in Miami on Instagram for this game, the stadium will likely be 75% purple and the Ravens get a big confidence booster.
  6. Packers - LOSS - I'm going with Aaron Rodgers on this one.  If the Ravens pass rush is effective, they can make this swing the other way.  Defense will need to be excellent to win this one.
  7. at Steelers - WIN - Nice win going into the bye week
  8. BYE
  9. at Browns - WIN - Feeling fresh from the bye another win to OWN the Browns.
  10. Bengals - WIN -  Home Win against the Bengals to feed Ravens divisional confidence
  11. at Bears - LOSS -  This could go either way, Home Advantage
  12. Jets - WIN -  Do you really want me to explain this?
  13. Steelers - WIN - Steelers OWNership with a home win.
  14. Vikings - WIN - Home Advantage, plus I trust Flacco more than Ponder.
  15. at Lions - LOSS - The Lions high powered offense will out power the Ravens in this road game.
  16. Patriots - LOSS -  I just made a bunch of people angry with this one, sorry. I think the Patriots will have a surprisingly good year, this game will put the icing on the season for them.
  17. at Bengals - LOSS -  This will likely be a must win for a Wild Card spot, if the Bengals are still playing starters in hope to get a bye then they will get this home win.
Finishing their season at 8-8, I would venture to say that they can get 1 out of the either the Lions or the Bills to finish 9-7 with a chance at the Wild Card in the AFC.

The NFC Champion 49ers, fell short from a Super Bowl win.  Some say it was the refs fault, but I'll just say that the team with more big game experience came out and played harder from the very beginning.  Its hard to expect to win if you are trailing by so much with half of the game gone.  Plus you can never count on refs calls to win games, teams have to play hard all 4 quarters to win games.  I think it was a good experience for a young team, young QB, and a fairly new Coach.  With the emergence of the Seahawks, and a target on their mobile QB, this season will likely be tougher than last year.  The past two years I would say that we were somewhat under the radar, even after going to the NFC Championship most "experts" predicted a huge fall off. 

  1. Packers -WIN -  I'll give the advantage to our defense.  Tough game to start the season.
  2. at Seahawks - LOSS - Home Advantage plus Guinness World Book Record for loudest crowd might make this game unbearable to watch as a 49ers fan.  It would be awesome if we could silence them though.
  3. Colts - WIN - Back home for a win.  Luck  likes to throw INTs, and we have a bunch of folks that like to catch them.
  4. at Rams - LOSS -  I don't think we should lose any games to the Rams, but they knew us too well last year, I'll give them this home win.
  5. Texans - LOSS - Fanship says we'll win, my gut says it will be close.  I'll give this to the veteran team.
  6. Cardinals - WIN - We still have the Cardinals number, Carson or no Carson.
  7. at Titans - WIN -  Another nice win to build confidence.
  8. at Jaguars (London) - WIN -  Should be a very convincing win, might see BJ Daniels or Colt McCoy in this game at some point.
  9. BYE
  10. Panthers - WIN - I'll give this to the QB with more weapons and the team with the better offensive line.  Not to mention this is a home game coming off of a bye.
  11. at Saints - LOSS - Saints have a vendetta against the Harbaugh led 49ers, with Sean Payton back I think they may have a chance to get this home win against us....maybe.
  12. at Redskins - WIN - I already commented on this above.  Defense wins and contains.
  13. Rams - WIN -  Bounce back from the week 4 loss with a home win.
  14. Seahawks - LOSS -  This game will likely be the deciding game for who will win the division, and the Seahawks will likely have Percy Harvin at this point.  Fanship says we win, but to make things interesting I'll give the Seahawks the sweep. It will make it more fun if we meet in the post season.
  15. at Buccaneers - WIN - Might see some backups in the game as well.
  16. Falcons - WIN - Last game at Candlestick Park, going out with a West Coast Win over the Dirty Birds
  17. at Cardinals - WIN - A strong win going into the post season.
Finishing the season at 11-5, but losing twice to the Seahawks could put us in a Wild Card position if the Seahawks play as expected.  As a fan I believe that we can beat the Texans, get the home win against the Seahawks, and possibly beat the Saints in their house again.  So I guess as a fan I'm saying 13 to 14 wins, but hey I'm a fan, what can I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment