8.22.2010

LABOR MUSIC presented by Reds-N-RipRock

Our daughter has arrived and we brought her in to a 14 hour iTunes playlist of music played on random.  The great thing is that we didn't need whole list to get her here.  So we kept track of the songs played from the playlist and here you go, Reds-N-RipRock presents....Labor Music.

So here's our album of music from the first push til the moment we left the Labor Room with the new edition to our family.


The first list is the music that played as Laila was being pushed out until the moment that the doctors caught her, cleaned her nose, cleaned her mouth, and her first cry rang out like symphony sent from heaven above.

Disc One - The Pushing
01. The Roots - The Seed 2.0: What a great song to start the pushing to! I've always love the lyrics to this song.
02. Jodeci - Good Luv: A great upbeat song.
03. D'Angelo - Lady: Classic love song
04. Michael Jackson - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground): You can't help but love this track
05. D'Angelo - Me and Those Dreamin' Eyes of Mine: This is 1 of my favorite D'Angelo songs.
07. Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough: This video is cheesy but the song was the upbeat that we needed.
21. Will.I.Am - Ain't It Pretty: And finally Laila makes her arrival and to a great song like this. Of course Will is talking about a woman he's pursuing but the chorus just sayin "Aint it Pretty" hits the right spot.  

The second list of music is what played as the doctors cleaned Laila, took her measurements, weight, and other vitals to get us ready to move to the post partem room so that we could receive guest and eventually get some rest.

Disc Two - The Arrival
Click here for the full YouTube playlist (minus Carl Thomas & RnB tracks)
02. Cee-Lo - My Kind of People: this is my song! I love the island beat and the lyrics are great!
04. Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up): another song that fits so perfectly.
06. Lissen Band - Sunshine: You know we had to have some Go-Go mixed in there somewhere and no song would've fit better than this one.
07. Usher - There Goes My Baby: I was still with Tosha at this time but looking over to the Panda Warmer at Laila while they were cleaning her up and getting all her measurements and vitals when this song played. 
08. K-Ci & JoJo - All My Life: One of my favorite love songs.  I had been waiting All My Life for this moment right here.
14. RnB - Baby: this is a great love song by a friend of mine RnB that graduated from High School with me.
18. Luther Vandross - She's A Super Lady: Crazy enough this song is from 1981 when Tosha & I was born. 
19. Will.I.Am - She's A Star: Both Tosha and Laila are my stars, and they have lit my life up. I love this song. I feel like the lyrics fit perfectly for Tosha and I.
20. Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely: This song and My Cherie Amour have been the theme songs to being the father in my head from the moment I found out that I was having a girl.  There's no other song better so show the love for a father to his daughter than this song.  I was very happy that it actually came on just as we were about to exit the Labor room.  I can listen to this song over and over again, everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm smiling, this brought that day all back to me, so glad you documented so well :)

    ReplyDelete