8.12.2010

Perfect Rainy Day Song...'Cause You Cold Busted!

This morning I woke up singing this song due to the monsoon that was going on outside and weird dream that I had.  But this song is one of my All-Time favorites, the first time I randomly saw the video on BET it became a classic in my book.  LOL.
Oran "Juice" Jones - Walking In The Rain


The whole song is actually pretty good, has a nice harmony and good lyrics, but the part that got me and surprised me the first time was the "rap" at the end. (My mom said back in the day before hip-hop, the part of the song when the singer would talk was call the rap).  Of course this has been done over a few times since then Ghostface and Ne-Yo did it, but nothing is more classic than this original.  Here's the lyrics to the "rap", this is hilarious!!!  I'll put in bold my favorite parts.

Hey hey baby how ya doin' come on in here
Got some hot chocolate on the stove waiting for you
Listen first things first let me hang up the coat

Yeah how was your day today
Did you miss me?
You did? Yeah? I missed you too
I missed you so much I followed you today

That's right now close your mouth
'Cause you cold busted

Now just sit down here, sit down here
I'm so upset with you I don't know what to do
You know my first impulse was to run up on you and do a Rambo
I was about to jam you and flat blast both of you
But I didn't wanna mess up this thirt-seven hundred dollar lynx coat
So instead I chilled...That's right chilled

I called up the bank and took out every dime.
Than I cancelled all your credit cards...
I stuck you up for every piece of jewelery I ever bought you!
Don't go lookin' in that closet 'cause everything you came here with is
packed up and waiting for you in the guest room. 

What were you thinking?
You don't mess with the Juice!

I gave you silk suits, blue diamonds and gucci handbags.
I gave you things you couldn't even pronounce!
But now I can't give you nothing but advice.
Cause you're still young, yeah, you're young.
And you're gonna find somebody like me one of these days . . .
Until then, you know what you gotta do?
You gotta get on outta here with that alley-cat-coat-wearing,
punch-bucket-shoe-wearing crumbcake I saw you with. 
Cause you're dismissed!

That's right, Silly rabbit, tricks are made for kids, 
Don't you know that you without me is like corn flakes without the milk!
This is my world. You're just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
Now get on outta here. Scat!
Don't touch that coat... 




2 comments: